CMAT to offer “The Sphere Project – Orientation Workshop for Humanitarian Responders” in Edmonton, AB.
Monday, February 25, 2013 – The Sphere Project was launched in 1997 by a group of humanitarian NGOs and the Red Cross and Red Crescent movement, and is based on two core beliefs: first, that all possible steps should be taken to alleviate human suffering arising out of calamity and conflict, and second, that those affected by disaster have a right to life with dignity and therefore a right to assistance. It is a key eligibility requirement by the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA) and other government funding agencies to Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs).
Canadian Medical Assistance Teams (CMAT) is a proud provider of these workshops across Canada. More workshops are planned in the coming months in: Vancouver, Toronto and Halifax. Stay tuned!!
The goal of our Sphere workshops is to teach humanitarian responders how to apply the Sphere principles in practice in the field.
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Date: March 23 & 24, 2013, 08:30 to 17:00.
- Category A: Non CMAT members: $500 (discounts available for groups of 3 or more
- Category B: Registered CMAT members who have not yet deployed: $400 (registration must be active as of February 15, 2013
- Category C: Registered CMAT members who have previously deployed: $300
* Fees include Sphere Handbook and breakfast both days.
To register: please send an email to [email protected]
- Email address
- Hometown, province/ state
- Telephone number
- Method of payment (PayPal, Interac, Cheque)
REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED AS SPACES ARE LIMITED.
Please identify your Registration Category.
Payment can be made by PayPal, or Interac Email money transfer to [email protected]
Cheques must be received and cleared before March 8, 2013, and can be made out and mailed to:
Canadian Medical Assistance Teams
772 Goldstream Ave. PO Box 27070
Langford, BC V9B2Y0
Questions? Please email [email protected]