CMAT Ukraine Crisis: Communiqué #1:
2022-02-28: The World Health Organization has expressed grave concern for the health of the people of Ukraine in light of the unprecedented deterioration of the security situation across #Ukraine and movement of #refugees into eastern Europe. In this escalating crisis, humanitarian health needs are expected to rise.
The WHO Emergency Medical Teams Initiative and the World Health Organization (WHO) Regional Office for Europe has sent a preliminary request to identify International Teams able to provide medical surge support, to stand by for potential requests for assistance from Ukraine and neighbouring countries accommodating refugees.
In collaboration with NGO partners, and the World Health Organization, CMAT is surveying our volunteers for interest in possible deployment. This deployment is not yet confirmed.
There is a particular need for Primary Care and Emergency Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and Registered Nurses, as well as Primary and Advanced Care Paramedics, Psychosocial and Logistics support. Details are still being worked out.
1. If you are interested in potentially deploying to Eastern Europe (location TBA – although at present we do not expect to be deployed in an active combat zone), please ensure your CMAT Volunteer profile is up to date with all the required documentation. We need to provide WHO with copies of:
- your passport
- your professional license
- your vaccination record including COVID-19 vaccination
- other documents as listed on the profile
- your secondary language abilities (particularly Ukrainian, Hebrew, Polish, Romanian, Hungarian, Slovak and/or Russian)
2. You can access your CMAT Profile by visiting:
To login – use the email address at which this email was received as your username. You can then reset your password by clicking “Forgot password”.
3. Please also send an email with your expression interest (including your medical speciality and professional experience) by email to: volunteer @ cmat . ca
Please email volunteer @ cmat . ca if you have any questions, however the information we have is quite limited at this time.
CMAT Board of Directors